It’s official! Everyone at Forest & Sandridge C.E. Primary School is delighted to announce that we have been rated a ‘good’ school by Ofsted following a recent inspection.
We have all worked extremely hard to maintain and improve on the high standards we set at our school, and we are delighted to have this externally verified by Ofsted.
Throughout the report, the school has been praised by inspectors for providing pupils with an excellent learning environment and living by our values. Some highlights from the report include:
- “Pupils say they love coming to school. They clearly enjoy learning and are expected to work hard in lessons. They are happy and enthusiastic learners.”
- “Pupils say that staff quickly sort out any poor behaviour. As such, instances of bullying are rare. There are no disruptions in lessons. Staff and pupils are free to focus on developing pupils’ learning.”
- “The Nursery provision gives children a flying start to school life.”
- “Pupils’ achievement in the phonics screening check has improved and is above the national average.”
- “Leaders have developed a culture at school that includes everyone.”
The report concludes that, since our last report in November 2014, we have continued to be a ‘good’ school.
Since then, we have grown considerably from 226 pupils at the time of the previous inspection to 462 pupils, including in our pre-school, today. This can create considerable challenges for a small primary school, but we are extremely proud to have made the transition so successfully. We are particularly pleased to have been judged as ‘good’ under the new Ofsted framework, which is significantly more challenging.
To have once again been given such a positive Ofsted grade is something to be truly proud of. Everyone at Forest & Sandridge remains steadfastly committed to making continuing improvements at our wonderful school.
We’d like to thank all our staff, pupils, their families, and the whole school community for their continued support. Together, you’ve made our school a place where every child is able to achieve their very best.